FAMILY PHOTO STYLING
You’re standing at the foot of your bed, studying the mass of clothing items strewn across the comforter. Ugh, you think, nothing here works! This sucks I GIVE UP. So you throw all the clothes in the corner and walk away.
What you wear in your photos matters—it’s that extra little touch that makes every image just a little bit better. But gone are the days of white T-shirts and jeans.
The goal is to coordinate, not match. Doing it well takes time (and doesn’t come naturally to everyone).
After working with a stylist for my own family photos, I partnered with a local entrepreneur to offer the same service to families I photograph. Problem: meet solution.
How it works
- Add on styling services when you book your session. If you’re not sure, you can always add on the styling service later if you change your mind.
- Your stylist starts by gathering information about you and your family: your style, budget, and any existing items you know you want to incorporate.
- Next, the stylist goes to work putting together outfits using currently available items in your budget.
- The stylist shares links you can use to purchase any items you need.
- If something is out of stock, or doesn’t fit, she’ll suggest alternatives.
- Wardrobe: done! Bring on family picture day!
The family photo styling experience
- We need at least three weeks to style your family before your session. This allows time for Amber to do her thing and for you to return/exchange any items that don’t work.
- Communication is key. If you have a certain “look” in mind, let the stylist know up front so she can nail your preferred style the first time. Changing your mind about what you want wastes time and gives you less flexibility.
- Budget friendly. Using the styling service doesn’t have to mean buying all new stuff. Amber can help you shop your closet as well as picking out a couple of key new items.
What’s the styling fee?
$50 for families or 4 or fewer
Add $10 per person for families of 5 or more
The styling fee is set based on the size of the group (versus the number of outfits the stylist chooses), because every person in a group requires effort to coordinate with the rest of the family.
You are responsible for the cost of any items you decide to purchase.
How to add styling to your session
At the time of booking (the styling fee is due in advance), or if you opt not to add styling when you book, but want to add it later, contact me and let me know.
About the Stylist: Meet Amber
You know that stylish friend who always looks good, even when she’s bare-faced and covered in sweat? For me, that’s Amber. 😀
She’s a mom and knows the drill when dressing littles, mediums, and teens. Even better, she loves helping families choose their wardrobe for family photos.
Amber uses her keen eye for colors and patterns to find items you’ll love that boost your confidence on picture day.