Everyone vacations in Iowa at least once. It’s a destination, and certainly a bucket list item. Said nobody, ever.
Ha! I’m funny.
Alright, so nobody vacations here in Iowa. Personally, I get-the-heck-out pretty often, especially in the winter. And usually in the summer. Okay, all year long. Sue me. *shrug*
Getting family photos while on vacation
Perhaps when you’re traveling this year, you’re considering getting some photos while on vacation. It’s a thing! People do this!
I’ve put together a list of photogs around the world (a couple are international!), and if you’re lucky enough that your destination coincides with one of these, all the better.
Let’s do this.
- Carmel: Samantha Nunes, Sterling Reverie Photography. She captures some amazing photos against the beautiful backdrops Cali provides.
- Santa Barbara: Tristin Tracy Photography. Really stunning photos with so much texture!
- Colorado Springs: Taryn Kimberly Photography. Mountains. ‘Nuff said.
- Photography by Elizabeth Marie. Really lovely photos all around.
- Tampa Bay: Katya Skagnelli Photography. Beach photos = perfection!
- Chicago: Bree Marie Photography. Snag a sunset session and take advantage of those summer sunsets!
- Jade McKenzie Co., Frederick, Maryland. Great storytelling in her images, and really creative uses of light.
- Marijke Photography. Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware. Lovely work!
- Sarah Sheppard Photo, Grand Rapids. Lake views, beaches…
- Jennifer Mosier Photography, De Soto. Just like me, she loves a good sun flare!
- Brooklyn and beyond: Jennifer Young Photography. Honestly, anyone with a website as beautiful as hers is clearly an artist. And her photos are aaaaamazeballs.
- South Oregon: Alicia Puglisi, Grateful Moments Photography. South Oregon. Bold colors and picturesque views in the PNW.
- Portland: Jaime Bugbee Photography. I’ve run in the same circles with Jaime for a while now, and her work is more stunning every day!
- Dear Beloved Photography & Films. Central PA. How cool to get a film along with your photos?!
- Lyla Duey Photography, Philadelphia. Her family photos are just beautiful.
- Jess Harris Photo + Film Co. This multi-talented artist makes films and is also a doula.
- Houston: Shawni McHugh Photo. Her newborn photos are a sight to see.
- Houston: Wild and Free Photography. Documentary-style photos that are wonderfully done.
- Seattle: Photography by Casey Louise. A lovely mix of light and airy and moodier photos.
- Seattle: Elizabeth Anderson Photography. Her in-home sessions are so gorgeous, I’d half a mind to rent an AirBNB just for that!
- Seattle: Becky Langseth Photography. Colorful, light, and airy. And so many trees!!
- Seattle: Amy Keljo Photography. Her documentary-style photos are fantastic.
- Seattle: Amy Louise Photography. She describes her work as comfy and heartfelt, and I agree completely.
- Tara Fay Photography, Milwaukee. Great family photos alongside Lake Michigan.
- Hana Bradkova Photo, Czech Republic. She has an English version of her website!
- Tall Poppy Photography, Ottawa, Canada. Playful and candid photos.
- Mariana De Albuquerque: Paris, France. Light and bright, great black and whites, and seriously, family photos under the Eiffel Tower?! Unbeatable.
- Kassia Karr Photography, London, England. Her work has a moody feel that fits London well!